Sunday, February 27, 2011

When In Rome

I was down at Ft. Bragg this week and I worked out my buddy Tom, Tom is a beast. Tom is old school and lifts using the "bodypart" method. We did Chest and Tri's. I have to say that I enjoyed the workout and think that there is nothing wrong with Hypertrophy type workouts if they are "add-ons" to doing the Big Lifts (squat,pull,push,snatch,press). Anyway after about 50 sets of chest and tri's I felt that Tom and I got our swole on. I did PR bench press!!!

On a sit note, I was super impressed with the new gyms at Ft. Bragg, they are all about functional fitnees, they each had 8-10 full olympic platforms with complete Werksan sets, rows of C2 rowers, prowlers, MMA rooms....its was great and I was really happy to see that our military (at least some of it, is on the right track).

2 comments:

  1. that is some pretty inpressive equipment, but honestly every post should have a gym of this type, maybe not on this scale but this type for their Soldiers, Marines, Sailors, Airmen to use. The lifting and cardio work that can be done on this type of equipment is infinite. Glad to see that it is actually happening at least somehwere it is

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Tucker and Fredericks gyms are the best thing about Bragg... nuff said

    ReplyDelete