Saturday, June 4, 2011

Review of 40-day program

I completed the 40-day workout (40DW) that I learned from Dan John, over all it was a good program but tough for me to stick with. I'm used to a 3-day a week program and the 5-day 40DW was hard for me. I tended to go to heavy at the bargaining of the week and found myself tired toward the end. That being said I increased my bench/deadlift/chin-ups/pull-ups/push-ups. My squat seems to have hit a plateau, but I'm working on that for my next workout, which will be a 5-week Powerlifting Meet prep program.

I think the 40DW is worth trying and if done with conservative weights could be a great grease the groove / off season program.

my excerise rotation was:


PUSH: Bench Press --> Strict Press --> Bench Press

PULL: Chin-ups --> Pull-ups --> Weighted Chin-ups --> Weighted Pull-ups

HINGE: Deadlift --> Rack Pulls --> Snatch Grip DL --> Deadlift

SQUAT: Back squat --> Front squat --> Overhead squat --> Back squat

LOADED CARRY: variety of farmers walks and strongman stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment